Tuesday, 17 January 2017
Prince August has just started a large sale on many products today (Jan 17th), including reducing some moulds to just 1 Euro (exc. tax). However stock is very limited so first come first served. We have put the stock numbers up on the sale too, so you can see what is available per sale item.
Also Prince August has reintroduced our Lucky Dip Mould bags. Each bag contains five random moulds. There are no documentation with these moulds but they are all unused. There are less than 20 bags for sale and as I write this that number has already dropped almost in half.
This sale will end at noon on Jan 24th 2017, unless we sell out before the weekend, which is possible.
Wednesday, 11 January 2017
The conditions are pretty simple:
- No digital text of any kind including watermarks.
- No digital backgrounds, if you put a background in, make it a real one.
- No other figures are to be in the photo.
- Figure cannot be altered physically in any way, or obscured in some fashion.
- Photo must be jpeg format, highest quality possible. Over 1200 pixel size.
- MZ630 must be photographed clearly and in focus.
- Take at least six supportive photos to show progress in painting figure.
- Write some supportive text (in English) for each photo or overall to explain your thought process in approaching this figure.
- Video submission (via youtube link) is allowed but must supplement other requirements, not replace them.
- Final entry date is midnight February 15th 2017 GMT.
- Only one entry can win.
- Entries submitted by email, info at mithril dot ie, with subject line "MZ630 Painting Competition Entry".
The winning entry will be used in advertisements for Mithril. Credit will be given to the artist on the website. The homepage of Mithril will link to an article all about the winning entry and this competition, giving the title "master painter" to the artist. They will win the next consecutive five MZ figures released by Mithril Miniatures for free, postage included.
Thursday, 5 January 2017
This is stage two of a two part transition from traditionally clay sculpting figures to fully 3D digitally designing and printing master figures. Finally, after a year of frustrating delays, we are able to start producing the new type of miniature. The figures available for sale are still cast in metal, but their master figures have been completely produced using the new techniques for the first time.
Duinhir is therefore the first to bear the letters MZ instead of the MS in its product code. All future miniatures, from the Fellowship range, will have that code for the foreseeable future.
This figure was the winning idea from February 2016, and was suggested by Fellowship member 'barliman'.
Duinhir was a Gondorian lord that lead his two sons and five hundreds skilled archers to aid Minas Tirith, Gondor's capital, during the siege by Mordor. His archers were particularly useful against the huge Mumakil and their war towers. Unfortunately Duinhir lost his two sons during that battle.
This metal figure is 32mm scale, primed in grey undercoat and does require a little assembly (bow with partial arm and sword are separate and need to be glued on).
As a special introductory offer, Mithril Miniatures has cut the normal price by 50% to allow everyone to see just how amazing the new figure is. The detail is crisp and clear and the figure will look astounding when skillfully painted.